Generating material data for strain rates higher than quasi-static is a very complex topic; yet it is critical for capturing material response (rate sensitivity) in engineering applications, manufacturing processes, and crash events. That’s why we’ve invested significantly to develop the expertise needed to offer this important capability
- Controlled tension testing over the full range of strain rates (from ~0.001 to ~1000 s-1) relevant to most structural, manufacturing, impact & crash applications.
- Popular testing packages (0.005, 0.05, 0.5, 5, 50 & 500 s-1)
- Metals, Polymers, Composites, Fabrics and Thin Laminates
- Thicknesses from ~20microns to ~4mm
- Testing is not limited to uniaxial tension, but extends to shear, plane-strain and even balanced biaxial tension