A special form of hydrostatic bulge testing has been further developed to handle thin sheets, foils and laminates, to address the needs of the battery industry and other industries with interest in such materials (tension testing can be very unreliable for such materials)
- Custom tooling and approaches for testing metallic & polymeric foils and laminates with thicknesses as low as 5 microns!
- Construction of effective biaxial stress/strain curves and evaluation of material biaxial formability limits
- Not only balanced biaxial, but also controlled biaxial deformation to cover several biaxial strain ratios
- Establishing “FLC-Like plots” that describe the ductility limits of thin foils and laminates for different biaxial strain ratios
- Quasi-static as well as intermediate rates